There’s an old saying that goes like this: ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’!
In many walks of life, it’s good advice. A television producer might well stick to a tried and tested format for a show if the viewing figures remain high. A football manager would be wise not to change a killer formation unless they want to deal with the wrath of the club’s fans.
But, think about the technology we use in our personal and business lives and consider where this approach might get you. Well, we’d probably all be walking around with our old Nokia ‘bricks’ and waiting in line by the fax machine!
No-one likes change for the sake of change, but if it’s change for the sake of improvement, it’s usually not a bad idea. And, if you’re running a retail business, nothing could be truer – keeping abreast of the latest innovations can help you to thrive while ignoring them could be a path towards self-destruction.
So, let’s look at the major innovations taking place at the moment around the retailers’ Point of Sale system.
What Can A Retail POS System Do For Your Business?
While traditional point of sale systems ‘ain’t broke’ (they do the job they were designed to do), advances in technology have undoubtedly lead us to something new and improved – a sleek iPad based POS system that is overhauling the retail experience for businesses and their customers up and down the country.
So, what can such a system really do for your business? Here’s our top reasons why you should consider making that switch.
Best for your business
- With much less manual input or duplication involved in the sales process, an iPad POS system is a great way of improving efficiency and avoiding human error on a day-to-day basis. Integrated payments also mean faster sales and top notch security.
- In a competitive retail environment, the iPad system gives you accurate real-time reports on sales, stock, profits and more. With these kind of instant business insights at your fingertips, you’ll better understand how your business is performing and what decisions might help it become more profitable.
- Most people are now familiar with iPad technology so it’s really easy to train your staff and the system is totally intuitive to use. With insights into who is performing the best and at what times, you can also use the system to know your staff better.
- Options, options, options – an iPad POS can be completely customised to your business priorities. Make on-the-spot sales with shop floor iPads, quickly set up discounts or promotions such as multibuys, run loyalty schemes or install self-service tills.
Best for your customers
- Delivering innovation and style by the bag-load, an iPad based POS definitely has the ‘cool’ factor craved by today’s technology crazed society.
- Whereas traditional and often bulky POS equipment creates barriers between staff and customers, the more compact and familiar-looking iPad system creates a friendlier retail environment. Sales can be processed nice and quick too, solving the long queue blues at checkout!
- Built in stock management and product insights helps you to consistently meet your customers’ expectations, avoiding products going out of stock and bringing in new offerings based on what you know your customers want.
- Options like shop floor iPads can create a much-improved customer experience. Staff can be more readily available to help – giving out detailed product information, showing product variations, or making quick, on-the-spot sales.
Ready to switch?
At the Good Till, we’d love to help. Ask us about our trial offer today.
Want to read more? Check out part II for hospitality owners.